Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 2

Success on the very first outing! Accompanied, actually led, by my big brother Buck, we discovered the DAVIDSON plot at the Walnut Grove Cemetery in Bluefield, WV. The central figure of the interment, Joseph Davidson, a descendant of John Goolman Davidson, Irish immigrant and pioneer of this area. Another Joseph Davidson's home, son of John Goolman Davidson, is preserved at the city park and will open the festivities of an upcoming Bluefield Mountain Days Festival.



JOHN GOOLMAN DAVIDSON GRAVE
Go north on I77 from Wytheville, VA
Take Rocky Gap exit (Hwy 61E)
Go north on Hwy 52
Go west on State Rd 613
Go .7 mile
The grave marker is on the left, (only about 2.5 miles from I77). For so many years on my way down Laurel Creek to the BLE Engineer's picnic at Sandy Ball's, I must have passed right by the burial of my 5th great grandfather. I had no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment