Sunday, November 16, 2008

A FAVORITE Thanksgiving Recipe

Today I began to write my menu for our eagerly
anticipated Thanksgiving meal. I'll dig through
the pantry in search of items on hand and
make a grocery list for those things I need.
One very special dish at our house is the
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE.
It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving at the Kelly's
without it , so I'll share the recipe,
in case you want to give it a try.

1 lb. sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 c. milk
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
Mix mashed potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, nutmeg and cinnamon. Pour into buttered 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.

TOPPING:
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Rice Krispies
1 stick butter
1 c. pecans, chopped

Melt butter. Blend in brown sugar and pour over Rice Krispies. Spread the mixture over the cooked sweet potatoes. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly, hot and browned.

Yum - this is my family's favorite.

If you have a special dish or old family recipe, please click on the comments link below and share with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment