Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Personal Item

Keep the monetary inheritance; I treasure the personal items.

While visiting Virginia this year, I traveled Tazewell County looking for old cemeteries where my ancestors were laid to rest. Trying to find the Daniel Gregory Cemetery, I was led to the beautiful countryside of Clear Fork near Shawver's Mill. Now I don't believe the mill still stands, but it certainly was active during the years that Eliza grew up there. I walked through a grassy field and crossed a small branch with thoughts that my great grandmother and g-g- grandparents may have dipped drinking water from that very stream. A surreal moment indeed. Eliza Greever (Gregory) Davidson owned this teapot, and I am blessed to have it now.

If you have something special that belonged to somone dear to you, please feel free to add your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment